ForestBIOTA (Forest Biodiversity Test-phase Assessments), 2003-2006
Under the umbrella of the ICP Forests Expert Panel on Biodiversity and Ground Vegetation Assessments and co-financed by the European Commission under the Regulation (EC) No 2152/2003 (Forest Focus), 12 European countries participated in the ForestBIOTA project.
It was based on more than 100 already existing intensive monitoring (Level II) plots of the ICP Forests monitoring programme and its well established infrastructure and database. National experts conducted field assessments in 2004 and 2005.
- The further development and test implementation of monitoring methods for different aspects of forest biodiversity.
- Correlative studies between compositional, structural and functional key factors of forest biodiversity.
- Recommendations for forest biodiversity indicators and surrogates that can be applied in the context of large-scale inventories.
Harmonized methods for the assessment of
- stand structure
- epiphytic lichens
- ground vegetation and
- forest classification
were developed (s. workreports below).
- Minutes of the ForestBIOTA final meeting meeting in Athens, Greece, 9/10 May 2006
- Minutes of the ForestBIOTA evaluation kick off meeting in Hamburg, Germany, 13 December 2005
- Minutes of the ForestBIOTA kick off meeting in Ispra, Italy, 9 May 2005
- Minutes of the ForestBIOTA workshop in Lüneburg, Germany, 11 - 14 May 2004
- Corrected Link: Minutes of the ForestBIOTA workshop in Lüneburg, Germany, 11 - 14 May 2004