We would like to express our sincere gratitude to the Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL for a smooth virtual TFM with 76 participants from 28 countries, including presenters from other bodies under the Convention and external guests.
- Adoption of the revisions of all parts of the new ICP Forests Manual 2020.
- Re-establishment of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Serious effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the forest monitoring activities only in very few countries.
- New “Data Availabilty Reports" to identify gaps and inconsistencies in the database.
- New "Checkout Module" of the data portal to simplify data corrections and resubmissions.
- New ICP Forests logo and corporate design.
- First draft of 2020 Technical Report distributed.
- Contributions to FOREST EUROPE - State of Europe's Forests Report (SoEF 2020).
- Review of the Gothenburg Protocol and new WGE/EMEP Scientific Strategy underway.
- The Joint Expert Group on Dynamic Modelling (JEG-DM) has become the new Center on Dynamic Modelling (CDM) under the ICP Modelling & Mapping.
Thank you again to all participants for making this meeting a success and we hope to see you again in person at the 9th Scientific Conference and 37th TFM in Switzerland, 5-9 June 2021!
With best wishes
on behalf of the Programme Co-ordinating Centre of ICP Forests