The focus of BIOGEOMON is on the biogeochemistry of forest and other natural ecosystems as influenced by anthropogenic and environmental factors.
We invite empirical and modelling studies on fluxes and processes related to the turnover of major and trace elements at the ecosystem, catchment, landscape, and global scale.
There will be at least 12 scientific sessions:
· Nutrient fluxes at catchment level
· Biogeochemistry of lakes and rivers
· Biogeochemistry of wetlands
· Remote sensing for modelling of biogeochemical fluxes
· Fluxes between atmosphere & ecosystems
· Aerosols and VOCs in ecosystem functioning
· Methane and nitrous oxide fluxes from trees
· Biodiversity issues of ecosystem behaviour
· Trace elements biogeochemistry
· Soil microbial processes
· Ecosystem restoration and rehabilitation
· Peatland processes
Plenary speakers are well-known scientists in the field of biogeochemical studies of ecosystems and landscapes. We have agreement from Prof. Dennis Baldocchi (UC Berkely, USA), Prof. Josette Garnier (Sorbonne University, France), Prof. Markku Kulmala (Heslinki University, Finland), Prof. Tim Moore (McGill University, Canada), Prof. Mari Pihlatie (Helsinki University, Finland), Prof. Curtis Richardson (Duke University, USA); the list is still under completion.
Schedule: There will be 5 full-day technical tours to several research stations and study sites in Estonia, two short-courses on spatial data analysis, and a two-day post-conference tour to western Estonia including Saaremaa Island.
More information about the conference can be found at the BIOGEOMON website:
Add a Comment